Looking for an Optics engineer to work on an Optical Design project. Applicants are required to have a good track record in the field of micro-optics, optical engineering and/or optical devices. The job involves advanced optical design from the nano to microscale and beyond, thus, require profound knowledge in the optics field.
- Ability to create a computer-generated model or test unit using Zemax, Lumerical or other software.
- Lead product development through release and initiate design technical solutions.
- Design optical systems with specific characteristics to fit within specified physical limits of precision optical instruments, such as microscopy objective lens.
- Determines proper operation of an optical system and make adjustments to achieve perfect system.
- Design mounts for micro components to hold them in proper planes in relation to each other and the instrument that will be used.
- Design inspection instruments to test optical systems for defects, such as aberrations and deviations.
- Co-work with research scientist, industrial partners, electrical and mechanical engineering staff to develop the overall design of the optical system.
- Design precision optical systems for microscopy lens system.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science and/or Engineering.
- Experience in designing and modelling optics and photonics devices using Zemax or Lumerical.
- Good knowledge of the optical system.
- Ability to work well both individually and with teammates.
- An advanced degree in Optics/Physics or equivalent
- Strong expertise in the field of optical devices and engineering OR nano-photonics OR micro-optics.